Wednesday, September 28, 2005

LATELY...

Lately this song has been "haunting me". It seems to get inside me and I feel depressed and saddened everytime I hear it. (and of course it plays on the radio non-stop). For the last week I have hardly been able to stand it and have been turning off the radio everytime it plays. Now usually I do not feel particularly moved by secular songs, sweet memories or laughter about how life was, but never really saddened (which this song actually made me cry driving home from work more than once, I know, I know). This morning I was listening to the radio while at work and of course this song starts to play. I didn't turn it off, I listenend, and you know what, I didn't cry, I heard God saying "Listen to your heart, what is it, what is it that you need to do, where is it that you need to be, Listen..." And instead of crying I smiled and thought how wonderful is it that when I so want to tune things out that he will even use secular radio to pull me back. If ever I felt lost, alone or unloved these are never emotions that I can say God has inflicted on me. He has always been true, patient and kind. Ever the Gentlemen. I am thankful that he does love me so much, and that in so many ways this song will now make me think of my heavenly father.

"Listen To Your Heart"

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.
I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.
You've built a love but that love falls apart.
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.
Listen to your heart when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye.
Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.
They're swept away and nothing is what is seems,
the feeling of belonging to your dreams.
And there are voices that want to be heard.
So much to mentionbut you can't find the words.
The scent of magic,
the beauty that's been
when love was wilder than the wind.

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

great songs don't always have to be Christian based. 2 songs that help me keep perspective aren't Christian either. Cat's in the Cradle (Harry Chapin) and The Living Years (Mike & the Mechanics) are 2 of my all time faves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home